What we are doing…
To ensure we remain a safe and happy community, we have implemented strategies and resources throughout our school sites to reinforce healthy practices to prevent the spread of infection.
In preparation for a potential school closure, teachers are making alternative provisions for learners to continue studying whilst at home to ensure the continuance of learning.
What you can do…
To prevent catching or spreading of infection, please do the following:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
What to do if you think you might have coronavirus
If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it:
- stay at home and avoid close contact with other people
- do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
- use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next
The 111 coronavirus service will tell you if you need to continue to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help.
This advice has been retrieved from the NHS website. For more information and support, please click here.
You can also visit the GOV.uk website for more information and support.
What our advice is…
SAET Coronavirus Statement
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad. The overall risk of Coronavirus to the UK remains moderate. However, we understand that people may be concerned where there are children, students or staff returning from or visiting affected areas. Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling to the areas affected and advice can be found by clicking here. To read the full SAET Coronavirus Statement, please click here.