National Professional Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership
* New cohort launches September 2020 *
National Professional Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership aim to develop groups of potential middle leaders, current middle leaders and potential senior leaders. Participants build core professional skills and collaborate together with primary and secondary schools across Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire, resulting in consistent and outstanding leadership training and support.
- Face-to-face training sessions (delivered as twilights throughout the year)
- In-school work (pre-reading, case studies, on-line training and a school improvement plan)
- Six strategic modules, as well as a strong mentor support system for all participants
- On-line learning and support
- A final written assessment
- A nationally recognised leadership qualification awarded upon successful completion
National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) will help you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence that you need to lead a high-performing team in a school.
This course is for aspiring middle leaders, or those who are already responsibile for leading a team.
- key stage or curriculum leader
- pastoral services or subject leader
- special educational needs coordinator (SENCO)
- head of department
National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) will help you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to be a highly effective senior leader in a school.
The course is for aspiring senior leaders with cross-school responsibilities.
- an experienced middle leader
- a deputy headteacher
- an assistant headteacher
- other senior staff