Thank you for your interest in our school and for taking the time to find out more about us.
We pride ourselves on playing a significant role in helping all students develop their character and in their growth into well-rounded, confident and honest young people.
We place great importance on maintaining the highest standards, providing high quality teaching and learning and an educational environment that encourages students to become independent, resourceful and creative learners. Learning never stops and we recognise that regardless of the careers our students follow, they will continually need to adapt and improve. Our students are entering into a world which is ‘global’, fast-paced and ever-changing. Whilst qualifications open doors, it is their transferable learning skills which will ensure their success and enable them to have the very best chances in life Vision For every student to be the best that they can be. Values Culture; cultivating resilient leaders with ambition, optimism, aspiration and a ‘will do’ attitude Community; sharing and celebrating our successes with respect, empathy and kindness Commitment; supporting, nurturing, guiding and challenging each other through high expectations
Aims: our learners are inspired to:
- Take ownership of their own learning to push their comfort zone.
- Master learning through production, questioning, reviewing, evaluation and refining.
- Grow determination and resilience by reflecting on individual challenges and character strengths.
- Experience a broad and balanced curriculum to encourage and inspire individual abilities and talents.
- Embrace a range of experiences beyond the classroom.
We hope that you enjoy reading more about us and, should you wish to contact us and see for yourself, we would be delighted to offer you a warm welcome.
The Stourport High School & VIth Form College